Here are a few things to consider before you order:
- Quality Takes Time: Woodworking is a meticulous craft, and we believe in taking the necessary time to ensure exceptional craftsmanship. Rushing through the process can compromise safety and result in lower quality products. Considering the cost of exotic woods, we take extra precautions. If you have a specific deadline for your order, please contact us before placing it to inquire about the feasibility. Depending on our current workload and wood availability, we may or may not be able to accommodate your timeline. Typically, our orders are fulfilled within 3-6 weeks, but some orders may take up to 8 weeks or longer under certain circumstances. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us before placing your order. While we strive to keep you informed throughout the process, we generally only contact you if there are any issues. You will receive an email from USPS with your tracking number once your item has been shipped.
- Exotic Woods: Some species of wood can take longer for us to acquire due to their rarity and uniqueness, which also contributes to their higher price. We believe in offering training weapons that are truly one-of-a-kind. We have been expanding our wood database to provide you with a variety of beautiful and functional options. We source our woods from responsible and environmentally friendly suppliers.
- Nature of Wood: Unlike plastic or metal, wood can have small blemishes or flaws. We meticulously hand-select each piece of wood to ensure the best quality, but no piece will be perfect according to our high standards. If you come across a small flaw, please be assured that we did not deem it problematic and may even consider it adding character to the item. Knots, for example, can enhance the beauty of the wood, but in some cases, they can weaken the structure. That’s why it is crucial to hand-select each piece of wood.
- Wood Availability: Our wood database now includes a wide range of varieties that were previously unavailable. However, please note that some woods may not be in stock, requiring a special order from our supplier. This adds additional time to your order. If you would like to know if a specific wood is in stock, please send us an email to inquire.
- Jo Staff Length: If you are ordering a Jo staff that exceeds 40 inches in length, we recommend opting for lamination. Even kiln-dried lumber can be susceptible to warping due to changes in humidity. Laminating the wood involves gluing multiple layers together, which helps prevent warping by crossing the grains. We have articles in the ‘Articles‘ section of our website that delve into wood drying and lamination.
- Variations in Jo Staff Diameter: Please keep in mind that our Jo staffs are hand-finished. As a result, the diameter of the staff may slightly vary depending on the specific staff and the extent of sanding required. Please consider this when placing your order.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee: Our guarantee provides you with confidence when purchasing online. If you are not satisfied with your item, simply return it to us, and we will make the necessary adjustments to meet your expectations. For more details on our guarantee, click here.
- Age Restriction: You must be 18 years or older to place an order. Our products are training weapons, and we encourage you to exercise discretion and responsible use during training.